Hello All,
I got crochet braids installed yesterday and I am SO excited about having this style done on my hair because I have seen others do it and it comes out beautiful.
In addition I was a little burned out on taking care of my TWA. Due to the fact that it is at a really awkward length I haven't worn my two-strand twists out by themselves. So I have run out of beanie options because I don't like wearing beanies often in the office because it's not as professional as I would like it to be.
In preparation for this installation I did a deep conditioning treatment using the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque w/ Sea Kelp & Argan Oil and Olive Oil. I let it sit on my hair for 30 minutes and did a cowash with Giovanni's Tea Tree Conditioner. The tea tree is cleansing and soothing but the conditioner leaves moisture in my hair.
I did a few granny plats to allow my hair to dry before braiding. This will let my hair stretch some more.
I decided to use the the Freetress GoGo Curl hair as my hair for this install. I chose to do black and brown mix on my hair to add a little flair. The stylist did a GREAT job taking care of my hair and the results were amazing.
She added braiding hair into my hair which will allow for this install to last a little longer than I anticipated. With proper care I imagine I can keep this in for 6-8 weeks depending on frizz and tangling.
Here are the results:
I am getting used to the look because it is a very bold look for me. Otherwise I am happy with the outcome and can't wait for more crochet braid installs.
Thanks for reading!
AR
This is a blog which will contain ALL of the many things I am doing to care for my hair, skin, and nails. I will also throw in occasional fun facts or ideas that may be useful or simply interesting to others. Questions, comments, or concerns are greatly appreciated and I will do my best to provide accurate information! Thanks for viewing!
Labels
length retention
(41)
regimen
(37)
protective styles
(34)
stretching
(33)
low manipulation
(26)
products
(24)
challenge
(22)
deep condition
(22)
wash
(22)
growth aides
(21)
product review
(21)
length check
(19)
new growth
(19)
hair journey
(17)
moisturizer
(17)
hair care
(16)
texlaxing
(13)
box braids
(11)
co-wash
(11)
protein treatment
(11)
Hairlista
(10)
big chop
(10)
tips
(10)
castor oil
(8)
JBCO
(7)
air dry
(7)
breakage
(7)
homemade products
(6)
transitioning
(6)
trims
(6)
vitamins
(6)
sew-in
(5)
Eden Body Works
(4)
HTGE
(4)
coconut oil
(4)
gro autoil
(4)
natural
(4)
setback
(4)
shedding
(4)
EVOO
(3)
blowing out roots
(3)
heat
(3)
inversion method
(3)
split ender
(3)
steamer
(3)
water
(3)
baggy method
(2)
biotin
(2)
diet
(2)
tresemme
(2)
BSL
(1)
Color
(1)
KISS
(1)
LG
(1)
MBL
(1)
Mineral Rich
(1)
blogs
(1)
clip in extensions
(1)
forums
(1)
green magic
(1)
greenhouse effect
(1)
moisture overload
(1)
nature's bounty HSN
(1)
nioxin
(1)
rinse
(1)
semi-permanent
(1)
styles
(1)
summer
(1)
It's cute chica!
ReplyDeleteKLP @ www.savingourstrands.com
Thank you! I'm trying a little bit of everything lol
Delete